BY: Pilar Mateo
FDCP (Film Development Council of the Philippines) Chairman Liza Diño-Seguerra shared some good news:
“As we near the closing of the celebration of 100 years of PH CINEMA, we are pleased to announce the Philippines as spotlight country in this year’s Locarno Open Doors 2020!
Two (2) projects at Locarno Open Doors Hub:
1. Tropical Gothic by Isabel Sandoval
2. Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah vs. The Amazonistas of Planet X
One (1) project at Locarno Open Doors Lab
1. Filipiñana by Kyle Nieva
Two (2) films in Festival (Films After Tomorrow)
1. Kapag Wala Nang Mga Alon (When The Waves Are Gone) by Lav Diaz
2. Nowhere Near by Mico Reverez
Four (4) feature films screening at the Locarno Open Doors:
1. Masahista by Brillante Mendoza
2. Six Degrees of Separation from Lilia Cuntapay by Antoinette Jadaone
3. Aparisyon by Isabel Sandoval
4. Engkwentro by Pepe Diokno
Two (2) short films:
1. Babylon by Keith Deligero
2. Maning ng Pa-aling (Man of Pa-aling) by E del Mundo
“The Locarno Film Festival is an annual film festival held every August in Locarno, Switzerland. As an A-LIST film festival and one of the longest-running film festivals in the world, Locarno is known for being a prestigious platform for art house films and supporting filmmaking in ASIA.
“Best of luck to all the Philippine films and projects. Ipinagmamalaki namin kayo!
THE DIVA KUH Ledesma also shared something in her social media account.
A calling for bidding.
“Hi everbody. I would like to invite you to take part in my online auction called KUHLection. These are the many things I bought in the past and I would like to let go of them now to support the 30 families that I’m helping during this Pandemic, and also musicans who have been with me all these years and walang trabaho ngayon, as well as friends in the press that have helped all of us artists to promote our shows.
“I have too many collected things and it’s time to let go of a lot of them now because things like these are not as important as helping other people in a time of crisis.
“So let us start the auction. I’ll be posting and explaining each piece one by one and you can view them in my social media pages:
“I also have a separate instagram account for the collection with the handle @kuhlection but you can also view it through the handle KuhLedesma.
“I hope that you would find something that you would love—that I have loved—and have kept for many years.
1. I will announce the starting price for each item with a video of myself explaining each piece.
2. You can Direct message through any of my social media pages and place a bid. We will then let you know if someone else has made a bid higher than yours so you can make another bid or drop your bid. You can also make a bid by texting the numbers 09202868895 and 09178139065.
3. The item is sold to whoever has the highest bid when the auction for the item closes.
4. I will announce the new owner of my beloved item in my social media pages. Should the new owner want to be anonymous, we will only post the amount for which it was sold.
5. My business manager will then contact you on how you can pay for your item and the delivery options.
Don’t bide the time! (30)