THE “P” TALKS!
BY: Pilar Mateo
AND THE winners are:
- BEST SCREENPLAY : Zig Dulay and Kip Oebanda (“Liway”)
- BEST IN CINEMATOGRAPHY: Yam Laranas (“Aurora”)
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: Gem Garcia and Ernest Villanueva (“Aurora”)
- BEST MUSICAL SCORE: Paulo Protacio (“Bakwit Boys”)
- BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN: Roy Lachica (“Goyo”)
- BEST EDITING: Chuck Gutierrez (“Liway”)
- BEST THEME SONG: “Maybe the Night” by Ben & Ben (“Exes Baggage”)
- BEST SOUND: Aian Louie Caro and Pierre Marco Javier (“Bawit Boys”)
- BEST PICTURE: “Liway” (Alemberg Ang)
- BEST DIRECTOR: Joel Lamangan (“Rainbow’s Sunset”)
- BEST ACTRESS: Kathryn Bernardo (“The How’s of Us”)
- BEST ACTOR: Dingdong Dantes (“Sid and Aya”)
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Max Collins (“Citizen Jake”)
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Arjo Atayde (“Buy Bust”)
- PRODUCER OF THE YEAR: Star Cibema
- RISING PRODUCERS CIRCLE: T-REX ENTERTAINMENT and SPRING FILMS
- JOE QUIRINO AWARD: Cristy S. Fermin
- MANNY PICHEL AWARD: Ethel A. Ramos
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Elwood Perez
- POSTHUMOUS AWARD: Dolphy
- EDDY’s ICONS: Anita Linda, Joseph ‘Erap’ Estrada, Amalia Fuentes, Eddie Gutierrez, Celia Rodriguez, Dante Rivero, Vilma Santos, Tirso Cruz III, Lorna Tolentino and Chriaropher de Leon.
PARANGAL SA SANDAAN for The Big Three Productions: Sampaguita, LVN and Premiere (Marichu Vera Perez-Maceda for Sampaguita Pictures, Maroth de Leon for LVN Pictures, Digna Santiago for Premiere Productions Inc., Armida Siguion Reyna (Posthumous), Val Iglesias, Vic Delotavo, Romy Vitug, Romy Peralta, Lucy Quinto, Val Campbell, Rustica Carpio, Rosa Rosal, Tommy Abuel, Pepito Rodriguez, Perla Bautista, Lorli Villanueva, Odette Khan and Tony Mabesa).
THE EDDY’s (The Entertainment Editors Choice) is an awards event that was conceptualized and organized by the Society of Philippine Entertainment Editors (SPEEd).
This is their third year, and the EDDYs continues to strive to recognize excellence inndifferent aspects of the showbiz industry, and give merit to the definitive work of these talented, hardworking individuals.
Hosted by this year’s EDDY’s is none other than Korina Sanchez.
From the words of its present President Ian Fariñas, “The EDDYs annually recognizes the outstanding work of craftsmen, artists and producers in film of the previous year. It is the society’s contribution to the Philippine movie industry in an era when technology is constantly changing the world’s platforms fpr entertainment.”
Part of the special performances came from Lara Maigue, Rayver Cruz, Aicelle Santos, Ice Seguerra and “Miss Saigon’s” Thuy and soon to be Anthony Hope in “Sweeney Todd” Gerald Santos.
Kuh Ledesma shared her soulful rendition of “Paano Kita Mapapasalamatan” to our artists whi have gone before us.
Calvin Murphy Neria gave a very good show as the event’s director. The people.are applauding him for the production numbers shared.
The SPEEd officers and members are: Ian Fariñas (President), Tessa Mauricio-Arriola (External Vice-President), Salve V. Asis (Internal Vice-President), Maricris Valdez-Nicasio (Secretary), Gie Trillana (Assistant Secretary), Dondon Sermino (Treasurer), Dinah Ventura (Assistant Treasurer), Jojo Panaligan and Ervin Santiago (PRO), and Rohn Romulo (Auditor).
The Board Members are: Rito Asilo, Jerry Olea, Dindo Balares, Nickie Wang, and Neil Ramos.
The Council of Founding Members are: Isah V. Red, Eugene Asis.and Nestor Cuartero
Happy with the results of their successful event, there is only one thing that all of the officers and members wish for.
That the nominees attend not just during the Nominees’ Night but the Awards Night itself.
Though the audience had that element of surprise each time the winner is called, heaves of sighs are heard when no one goes up the stage to get the trophy.
Piolo Pascual made it when the winner for the Rising Producers’ Circle names were called. People thought he would get the plum for Best Actor as well.
From the major awardees, it is only the Best Actor who personally accepted the prestigious award.
It is an Awards Night after all. The rains didn’t dampen the spirit of the people who drove to the New Frontier Theater to get that lucky streak of seeing stars!